Breathing Air +
Brogan Safety Supplies offers scheduled Breathing Air training at our Whitecourt training facility, by request at our Grande Prairie and Fort St. John facilities, or onsite. Our manufacturer trained and certified instructors will provide program attendants with everything they need to know to use the equipment properly:
- Pre-wearers checks
- Donning a breathing apparatus
- Cleaning & storage
You and your employees will leave the course with a solid understanding of how to check, wear and maintain the breathing equipment. We ensure all breathing air training is up to date with current legislation. For more information on this training program, please contact us.
First Aid +
SFA/C/AED $150.00 Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED
This two-day course covers all the skills in Emergency First Aid plus first aid for other injuries and illnesses including head and spinal inju¬ries, fractures of the upper and lower limbs. This course includes Level C CPR training and certification (Adult, Child, Infant, and 2-rescuer resuscitation) and AED training and certification. All cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) modules and courses are taught to St John Ambulance and Red Cross national standards.
Course Max 18, Min 10 out of town
CPR HCP $100.00
HCP CPR is for individuals who are working or plan to be working in the Health Care field and require the Health Care Provider level of CPR. The course includes all CPR skills plus advanced skills such as artificial respiration and use of bag valve masks and AEDs. Min. age: 16 years
Course Max 12
SFA/C/AED Recert Challenge $150.00
This 1-day recertification is a challenge of the Standard First Aid course content and requires the student to demonstrate essential skills as well as pass the theoretical exam. This challenge is open to those who have a current Standard First Aid certificate from an Alberta OH&S approved program -- with Level A or C CPR and with or without AED. If the certificate is from out-of-province then a full course must be taken.
The recertification is intended for those who use their First Aid skills on a regular basis and are able to demonstrate their competency in all required skill areas. Unsuccessful candidates will be required to take a full course at their cost; there are no refunds or re-tests.
Course Max 18
H2S Alive +
H2S Alive $150.00 (Enform)
The H2S Alive course is safety training for individuals working in the petroleum industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide (H2S). Course topics include:
- Physical properties and health hazards of H2S
- Hazard assessments
- Breathing apparatus
- Detection of H2S
- How to protect oneself
- Basic rescue procedures
Fit Testing +
Comprehensive training is available for Gas Detection (i.e.: theory of gas detection, how monitors work), Basic Use & Care of Instruments, and/or Maintenance/Servicing of Gas Detection Equipment.
Fit Testing is taught by qualified instructors and can be performed either onsite or by request at our Grande Prairie and Fort St. John training centres. It is also one of the scheduled training programs available at our Whitecourt training facility. We can perform training with any manufacturer face piece; different sizes and styles can be provided for testing.
To learn more about our Fit Testing training program, please contact us.
Gas Detection +
Detection and Control of Flammable Substances $150.00 (Enform)
Eight hour course which includes a practical portion and the following;Gain an understanding on how to safely monitor, assess hazards and control flammable substances through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on practice.
Personnel who may need to undertake monitoring of potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace while working in the oil and gas industry.
- Introduction to flammable substances
- Principles of flammable gas/vapour
- Care and preparation of combustible gas monitors
- Sampling strategies and interpretation of monitor readings
- Control methods for high combustible gas readings
Course Max 20
Fall Arrest +
OSSA Fall Protection $175.00
This one day Industrial / Commercial End-User program will allow you to understand the use of fall protection, as it relates to what you do at height. Various fall protection options exist; this course will identify which options best meet your needs, and give you the tools and knowledge to work at height safely. The course material is energetically delivered over a full day that includes hands-on activities, video analysis, and focuses on student participation. Course delivery is performed by one of our highly qualified instructors.
Course topics include:
- Fall accident statistics
- Governing bodies and regulations
- Dynamics of falling
- Fall protection systems
- Fall protection planning
- Fall arrest system components
- Clearance & freefall calculations
- Harness fitting (includes hands on suspension exercise)
- Specialty solutions
- Equipment care and inspection (includes hands on exercise)
- Suspension trauma
- Rescue principle
Course Max 16
Fire Extinguisher +
- NO MESS!! (CO2 or H20 extinguishers)
- Live fire with 2 different systems – 3,000,000 BTU of live fire
- Classroom/hands on training
- MAX 20 People, MIN 10 People
Ground Disturbance +
Ground Disturbance Level II $175.00 (Global)
Level II® is designed for any party that is supervising a ground disturbance, independently performing a ground disturbance, or issuing and receiving ground disturbance permits. The program ensures that Level II® personnel are familiar with, and fully understand, all the regulations and variances involved when a ground disturbance takes place. The course is presented in a logical sequence – from the pre-planning stage to the actual dig – and highlights the “‘must’s” compared to the “should’s”.
Level II® is the standardized program recognized by industry regulators.
- Participants learn how to clarify sources when searching for underground facilities, provide notification to the facility owner and receive owner notification.
- Participants gain an understanding of the necessary approvals/crossing agreements and regulations necessary before creating a ground disturbance.
- They learn to create a plot plan/site drawing, gain an understanding of line locating and learn about types of exposure.
- Participants will also learn how to do a back-fill inspection, as well as how to use permits and conduct pre-job meetings.
- Emergency response plans and what to do in case an underground facility is contacted are also covered.
Objectives are tested by written competency exam. Certification, valid for three years, is issued upon completion of objectives. This course is assessed to the ABCGA Standard 201 Ground Disturbance - Supervisory.
Course Max 20
Hours Of Service +
Hours of Service $125.00
- History of the Hours of Service Regulations
- Fatigue Management
- Federal and Provincial Regulations
- On Duty status, Off Duty Status
- US DOT Regulations
- How to do and use log books
- Logbook Examples
- Daily limits
- Driver Types
OSSA Confined Space Entry/Monitor +
OSSA Confined Space Entry/Monitor $175.00
A confined space is defined as a space that has limited means of entry or exit, and is still large enough for a person to enter and perform work. A confined space could contain serious hazards. The OSSA Confined Space/Entry Monitor training course is for workers required to enter, or monitor the entry, into a confined space. The additional supplement course will give the student a basic recue certificate.
Upon completion of this 8 hr course you will be able to identify types of confined spaces, have the ability to access potential hazards and act accordingly. Other course topics include:
- Standards legislated by Alberta Occupational Health & Safety
- OSSA Confined Space Regional Code of Practice
- Planning and permitting entries
- Emergency response
- Requirements of confined space entry
- Role of Confine Space Monitor
- Basic Rescue
This course will be delivered in a classroom setting and include a written exam.
Course Max 20